Definitely no trade secrets here. Just a list of gear and things I’ve found helpful, and a few things on the wish, or might get, list. Some I’ve discovered on my own, but many have come from recommendations.
This page will continue to expand. Check back often for new additions and links.
When keeping weight low is a priority
- Zpacks duplex tent. (Favorite for solo trips. Great for two on short her trips and nice weather)
- Zpacks triplex (a roomy couples shelter, but can work solo too)
- Hyperlight Mountain Gear (HMG) Southwest 3400 backpack.
- HMG pods
- HMG 9 liter roll top dry bag
- Paria Outdoors super-light dyneema cord!
- MSR Pocket Rocket
- Mini-bic ligjter
- Toaks 900 ml titanium pot
- Thermarest NeoAir Xlite Womens sleep pad (R-5.4!)
- Nitecore NU-25 Headlamp
- Skull Candy 10k power bank
- Garmin InReach Mini
Books, Guides, and Maps
- Harrison Maps
- National Geographic Maps
- Gaia GPS App
- FarOut (previously Guthook’s Guide) App